Friday 11 June 2010

Yesterday's crafty Afternoon with Mum

HI there,
OHHHH its a horrible, dark,miserable day. Youn know in winter when you get those days where you have to have every light on in your house during the day, and you wrap up in your warmest jumper (sweater!) (wearing my fav 'sweater dress' today) and you decide to stay in doors as its so cold and wet, and miserable......well we've got one of those days and it's JUNE, our SUMMERTIME! hellooooo??!!! I thought we were getting global warming? there's no 'warming' here i can tell you!! bloomin' freezing!
So I'm gonna be a good wifey today, and really focus on my housework, as I have been terribly distracted with card making and blog hopping etc, and we have friends over tonight!
 I put my new cuttlebug away in its new home, albeit rather sadly, poor little guy, looked like he was gonna cry,"ppppppplease don't put me in the ddddddark, new mommy"  he quivered in his cute little american accent,  ahhhh!
  I put him next to my heat gun (who's a nice warm litle fella), and left the door open so he can see me! haha!
So, quickly, here are the cards I made yesterday.
First one, I don't like! I'm not happy with it. I think its the yellow! i dunno, its just not doing it for me! My hubby set me & mum a sketch challenge, and I found it rather challenging to say the least! Mum popped one out in minutes, I how spent over an hour and I feel annoyed at it!!  I haven't got the sketch he did as I accidently spilt water all over it.

paper : October Afternoon
Stamps: Penny Black 'Hugs', swirl: waltzing mouse sentiment : wooden rubber stamps had for years
Yellow card stock, and yellow self adesive ribbon

Then the one I started on just as Mum was leaving ended up being one of my favorite designs ever, and totally original for me also, as I do like to be inspired by others but this one, is really fun and I love it!

paper : Webster's Pages 'lifes Lullaby'
stamps : Penny Black 'In the garden',(for kitty & birdy) Penny black 'Wonderful'(for big ballons) wooden stamp for little ones
Crafty secrets 'bird notes' for birds in background. Sentiment: Waltzing Mouse

I first stamped & watercoloured the little cat in the basket on cardstock last saturday (while watching BGT) so yesterday I cut it out with a craft knife, stamped the ballons on to cardstock, watercoloured and cut out, i fixed two of the balloons (red & green) with 3d pads, and the others with sticky dots, and then put black thread on each and tied them to the basket, so he just dangles from the fixed balloons, the basket is not attached to the card! cool huh?!
I've sent it to my sister who lives a long way from us, and I've been terrible lately in keeping in touch!
I did however have to put a strip of scrap matching paper across the basket and attached it with removeable sticky dots on the back to keep it in place while in transit otherwise the treads get all tangled!
right that's all from me for now, have a really good weekend!

3 comments:

Bonnie said...

Oh what a sweet card!! Love the little basket and balloons and the thread is a very ingenious idea! well done! I can tell you are having so much fun making all these cards...now...all I need is one sent to me in the post...hee hee!! I am sending you a card next week by the way, so look out for it! {PS am very jealous of your new "gadget"!! they are SOOO expensive here!}

Sal-Gal said...

Oh I like what you did with the little cat Em - it's much better then the hanging from a tree idea you had before I left!! I bet Vikki will be very impressed with it!
love
Mum xx

Cindy Lee said...

Just look at these cards!!! Looks like you are on a roll, Em!! Keep creating!