Wednesday 23 June 2010

meant to post on monday & waltzing mouse sketch challenge #3

Hello there! 
So I hope you had a good weekend. Mines was ok. mediocre.
I sat down on saturday afternoon ready to craft away to my hearts delight and got a block in my mojo!!
I sat and peered at all my bits and bobs, and just....nothing.
Until finally I just came up with one, then another one accidently happened and then I actually just got a flash of inspiration  and made one for the waltzing mouse sketch challenge! all within a hour or so, after spending all afternoon sighing and huffing and puffing!
So here they are:

I'm calling this my Ikea card! because I think it looks a little bit scandenavian!
I used october afternoon Cherry Hill paper for the heart, which I drew myself, then that went on off white mulberry paper which I sewed with my machine, very badly! but who cares its not meant to be perfect!! i tore the edges of the mulberry paper. that went on red cardstock, added a tape type ribbon and stamped 'happy foreverness' from waltzing mouse stamps, and added a wooden button.
Next card:
this was well simple. In fact I was just playing about with my cuttlebug and spellbinders nesties (label 4)
I stamped the aperture in the larger size die, then cut out another smaller label. I stuck a red paper behind the aperature and laid the smaller label on it.
I chalked all the edges, stamped sentiment with wms, added a little red paper rose and made a bow with red gingham ribbon from my stash.
the last card is for my step-daughter to give to her male friend. This is the one I am entering it in for the Waltzing Mouse Sketch Challenge, seeing as I missed the last two challenges! i know its not exactly right as it doesn't have an embellishment bit, but I feel the fancy tag makes up for it and its for a 18yr old boy, I don't think he'd appreciate a big pretty bow!!
I used october afternoon paper on  royal blue cardstock, added a blue ribbon and a grey ribbon from stash,
cut a label using spellbinders shapeablitlities fancy tag, added a wms sentiment stamp, and hey presto! done!
Hope you're all having a good week, we're going on a little holiday this weekend, in our caravan, by the river, with our kayaks and canoe's, most of my hubby's family (25 of us going!) and the forecast this weekend is hot,hot, hot, so I'm gonna be IN the river too! Lots of Fun!
so now I'm off to do the packing! will be back next week!

6 comments:

Bonnie said...

Hey Em!
Love the first two cards, even though I am not a fan of red! I like the simplicity. The bravo one is ideal for a man/boy! I hope you have a great holiday! (or had seeing as though you will see this only when you get back!)

Julia Aston said...

Well - I guess you found your mojo after a little struggle! love the torn edge heart - the pretty red and white thank you - and your Bravo card is a lovely CAS card! thanks for playing with WMS this week!

Sal-Gal said...

Well done Em, your cards are really good. I especially like the middle one with the Thank you kindly on it's so neat! Hope you have a fun time while away - see you when you get home!
Luv Mum xx

Ann said...

No, you're right Em, and 18 year old wouldn't like a bow ;o) But its a great card and so are the two little red numbers!

Cindy Lee said...

Beautiful cards you have there, Em! I especially love the second one!

Ruby said...

All lovely cards Em, but especially your red heart, it's gorgeous! I love the way you've done the edges around the heart! Glad you had a good time away, that swan pic is SO cute!