Monday 14 June 2010

In a Gloom...just for Today!

Hello there.
Today I feel a bit gloomy. mainly cos its that dreaded time of the month, why on a monday?? Not fair!
Today was weird again weather wise. I got two loads of laundry dry out in the morning sunshine and had to run out madly to get the 3rd load in as it clouded over so quickly and just this huge, heavy, threatening, gloomy, grey expanse is sitting on us now!
So today, I was a very good girl and got all my housework done, got on my (padded) knees and scrubbed my floors and all the skirting boards too.
This past weekend was most productive!
Saturday morning, my hubby made a desk for me out of a huge coffin like box he made last year for all his dj equipment (one of his many, many hobbies!) but this box, was the bane of my conservatory!! He painted it black, so I covered it with a pretty stripey fabric, it still looked monsterous in our little sunny room, esp since I prettied it all up in the spring and made curtains and put up voiles to really soften it up, not forgetting the bunting & leaf lights (fairy lights in shape of ivy leaves)
anyway, he transformed the box into a desk, painted it white (was torture waiting for it to dry all day!!!) and while he did that I moved my craft cupboard into the conservatory.
I love my little cupboard, its a vintage, antique (from the 40's-50's) kitchen larder type thing.
My friend and beauty therapist had had it for years and years in her dining room and I always loved it and admired it. Then one day I went over and saw that it was in her garage. So I enquired after it and she said it was going to the dump! Noooooo!
So I brought it home with me, gave it a re-paint and it sat as my craft cupboard ever since. it has a cute little pull down flap (like a serving space I guess) that is so very handy!
Oh ok, I'll show you a few pics of my little crafting room! as it is now!
I just love those little glass doors!  

and here it is with the doors open, looks messy but is all organised!
And here's what it looks like when you walk in from the kitchen,with my new big desk!
Here's my desk up close, see my new cuttlebug! green thing! I love it!!
Do you like the pretty little curtains I made for my desk?
I had some remnants leaft from the curtains I made in here, and I couldn't believe it, but I had the exact right amount to make the little curtains! It was meant to be!! hehe!
So yesterday, once the paint was all dry and I'd made my curtainsand fixed them up, i set to work and made 4 cards! I finally got to play some more with little cuttlebug!
the first cards I did were very easy and simple, I wanted to just work with my little Websters Pages papers, so here's the first two...
For the top one, I used Webster's pages ofcourse! and a waltzing mouse sentiment stamp. that's all!
for the bottom one, again WP's paper and a label cut out by spellbinder nesties (No.4) I stamped onto that an image from Crafty Secrets Bird Notes set, and used the same WM stamp for the sentiment.
This next one is for my mum-in-law. Its very 'her'. she loves tree's esp. willow tree's, green is here favorite colour, she loves to crochet (hence the crocheted lace) and she loves pretty lacey things too.
I used a dark forest green card stock, and sage green and cream card all from PaperMill Shop. the tree & sentiment stamps are from Waltzing mouse. Crochet lace is off a roll in a shop!

and this one, I really like, I was inspired by one Cindy Lee did a while back with Hot Air Balloon's, however I don't have any hot air balloon stamps, so, I cheated! I stamped the top half of two different balloon stamps I have, both by Penny Black, and then I hand drew the rest and coloured them in!
the polka dot paper is also stamped used Tanda Polka dot stamp using versacolour's baby blue ink,
I messed it up a little a the bottom, by running it through the cuttlebug to cut the circle out before the ink had dried..D'oh! but I covered it well I think with the bird stamp (onto cardstock, coloured, stickled and attached with 3D pads) and the sentiment! bird : crafty secrets bird notes sentiment: waltzing Mouse
the clouds are just white slightly textured paper and used that lovely teal blue ribbon lace, used it all up now!and used just a pale blue cardstock for the background.
So there are my cards. I might see if I come up with anything tonight, but the bath and my bed are calling me, and its not even 7.30pm yet!  Oh! *groan* just remembered my huge pile of ironning to do!
well, I hope you have a good week.
Leave some love if you can, I need it!!
Thanks

7 comments:

Cindy Lee said...

First off, your craft room ROCKS!! Oh my...look at that view!! I wish to have a craft room like this! In my dream of course :) Second, your cards are awesome!! I really really love the one you did with Webster Pages paper! It's shabby and so right up my alley! Lastly, I feel so honored that I inspired you to create something :)

Emma said...

awww cindy thanks so much! I'm always inspired by your designs!!thanks for your lovely, sweet comments!

Bonnie said...

Hey my friendie!!
Your little craft room looks amazing! I can't believe how you transformed it! All that blue and little lights and bunting and the rose fabric,....so pretty. Love the fact you have so much greenery to look out onto too, how inspiring!
Very proud of you and Bob (give Bob a thumbs up for the desk-its awesome!)! All your cards are gorgeous, love the webster pages ones...still jealous you have a cuttlebug....going to go and sulk now! ha ha.

Sal-Gal said...

Hi Em, Well, you've really done wonders in the conservatory it all looks great! Hopefully you will get some more time to do cards now that it's so organized out there! lol

Love the little cards you've made they are all really nice - well done!

Ruby said...

Hi Em! I'm glad I'm not the only one who dreams about cards, you are actually the only one who has said they do the same, so we are in good company ;o) Your craft room is FAB! Love the view and your little curtains are so cute!

Your cards are great too! I'm in Berkshire, so not too far away from you!

I've just become your newest follower!

B said...

Love the fabulous cards you created! You use the papers so well! And that big of lace on the willow tree card is FAB!

Mona Pendleton said...

Very pretty cards! Thanks for sharing your crafting space :) Looks like a fun place to hang out!