Friday 11 June 2010

Waltzing Mouse Sketch Challenge # 1

Yes, I know I said I'd given up on it, but today at 6pm, a very tired and hurried delivery man turned up at my door, relieved at last to deliver his last parcel! Yay! and now I can tell you what my new 'gadget' is.........
a cuttlebug! (I know, aren't I naughty, spent all my pocket money in one go!!and some!) So dinner was somewhat delayed! Hubby also was very much impressed and wanted to have a go too! So I'm glad I have his approval on my new gadget.
So, I managed to cut a perfect circle cut out with it and could thus make the card that I had in mind....The idea came to my mind just as I was settling down to sleep a few nights ago, and knowing I'd forget it, I got up staggered to the hall with my phone as a light and scrawled my idea down!
here's the sketch we had















and here's my card........

so the deets are.. I used a textured beige paper for the background, ripped it at the edges and chalked it with brown chalk. For the stamps I used 'Clear Choice' travel France stamps and Waltzing mouse sentiments (bonjour & mon Amie) I used Tim Holtz detressed ink 'vintage photo' and my Marvy le Plume Pens as well. Little button/medallion thing is a die cutcircle (spellbinders nestabilities) with paris stamp from clear choice, ribbon is just some I got at a hobby shop, and behind the card you can see Websters Page'postcard from Paris' paper, as I thought it rather apt!!

I made two more cards today, but, yet again its late...*glance at time and shriek siliently in my head 'How Late????'* and I'm just drained and my eyes ache so much from all the consentratin' and squintin' I've been doing!  that reminds me I really have to get some decent lighting to work under.
So, I'm off to bed now, its past midnight and I'm turning back into a pumpkin again!
Night!

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Oh I do like this!! A great fun card! love the way you shabbed it all up! Thanks for taking time to play along Em!!

Pauline said...

Oooh la la tres bon! What a fabby card, love all the little elements for that Gallic feel. Pauline x

Bonnie said...

It is really pretty! Love the Paris shabby feel to it! the more you create cards my dear friend, the better you get! I wish we could sit and chat and create together!!

Sal-Gal said...

wow! Love this card Em and I agree with Bonnie that you're getting better and better with every card you do!

Julia Aston said...

Congrats on your new toy! I don't know how I lived without mine!?! LOL!!! of course now you have to get all the embossing folders and dies to go with it!!! (don't tell DH!)

Love this French themed card - love the Eiffel Tower and great colors - thanks for playing with WMS this week!