Monday 28 June 2010

Life Imtimates Life!

HI There, I hope you all had good weekends. Our's was awesome and just brilliant. Just haven't had so much fun in ages!
I have no cards to share with you but i do have two sweet pictures to show you.
as I mentioned last week we went away in our caravan and with hubby's family in their tents and we took kayaks and canoes with us, and we spent most of the time on the river.
I've never seen this before but I grabbed my hubby's camera and snapped away at the cutest thing in nature I have seen in a while!
a mother swan with her signet having a little ride, safe from harm!

We didn't get too close as Daddy swan was near by and would start rising his wings up and hissing. I noticed they only had one signet, and many of the other swan families had a least 4 or 5 signets that were much older than this one. I wonder if something happened to the rest of the signets to make them so protective of their little one. Either way, it was sooo cute and a joy to watch.
Later on, all of us went to a certain part of the river where it was good to jump in, and I'd forgotten my little one's buggy, and it was a bit too far from the site to walk. So we put him in the canoe with his nanny & grandad, but he freaked out and refused, so I asked him if he wanted to come with me in my kayak and he got in and absolutley loved it. He happily sat there, pointing at the other boats, loved seeing the ducks and swans and drakes. My hubby took this shot of us on our way back (i'm still wet from jumping in the river!)
                           Me and my little boy, Sam
that's all from me now, have so much laundry to do and unpacking of the caravan to do.
Sigh. holiday is over.
Have a good week

3 comments:

Bonnie said...

Hello my friend!!
What a lovely photo of you and Sam!! It is gorgeous! love the river and trees! I miss summer!!!! I can see what a lot of weight you have lost, you are looking really good! Glad you had a good time!

Sal-Gal said...

Glad you had a good time while away Em, and love the photos! The swan and little cygnet are so sweet! and of course my darling grandson, Sam, is a cutie too!! lol

Ruby said...

Lovely pics! Thank you for your sweet comments on my blog about my back, I'm sore but doing well! :o)