Friday 4 June 2010

I Saved A Life Today! no really I did!


So, this morning, i go into my conservatory to feed my Cat, Charlie when I see a movement out of the corner of my eye and there on the floor, is a terrified baby rabbit, with my Cat hovering over it and suddenly he gives that look of 'it wasn't me! i don't know how this got here!' So with the help of my step-daughters friend Hayley, we managed to pick it up, check out that it wasn't hurt, then we put it in a box and went over our road to the woods to put it back.
|At first, it just sat on the grass as I stroked it and then sudenly hoppity-skipped off back home!
I am sooo glad i managed to save it, as last time my cat caught a baby rabbit, only the little paw was left.
Here's me holding Little Wild bunny

Showing my boys through the window, they were so exctited and wanted to keep it,
and little Sam got quite upset when I had to take it back to it's Bunny Mummy

So, I got my stamps yesterday! yay! and I did go to Mum's for a craft afternoon. It was nice. I got craft stuff for the boys and they sat out in the garden with their paints and we sat in the cool dining room. I only made two cards, but only showing one now as the other is yet to be finished.
I went out and photographed my card in the garden and my cat came and sat right behind it and refused to budge! So here is Charlie modelling my latest card!
Can't really see the card though so here it is again

I used Webster Pages for the background, and watercoloured in the cute Penny Black stamps.
My Son tom also made the cutest little creature, thought I'd show you it
By Tom age 6
So that's all from me for now. I am planning to get my irroning down and get out in the sunshine and watercolour some more stamped images. Have a lovely weekend.
Bye For Now

4 comments:

Bonnie said...

Hi Em!
Oh how cute! Are you allowed to keep baby bunnies (from the wild) there in England? I like your card! And Tom's little monster is so adorable!!
I went today and bought a whole stack of art and craft supplies today to do with the kids in the MONTH long holiday starting Thursday next week! Those photos made me sad...missing you lot's my sweet friend!

Emma said...

HI Bon, thanks for your comment. I don't know if we're 'allowed' to keep them or not, but i'd rather not, you never know what they bring with them "Wild rabbits are host to fleas, ticks, lice, and other parasites that can transmit disease to humans and domestic animals alike." got that from a vet site. Also they bite! that's why i was wearing gardening gloves! Not good to have round kiddies no matter how cute it was!!
besides we already have a rabbit 'Georgie Wiggles'

Sal-Gal said...

Well Done on saving the bunnie's life Em - hope it found it's mummy or if not, knows how to feed itself!
Was nice to see Tom's card on here too as I thought it very good effort from him.

Emma said...

Hi Mum, yeah bunny will be fine, it can fend for itself once its lost it's white tuft, so one vet site said. I wouldn't have tossed it back into the wild if it was that small!! and he kinda bounded off and knew where it was going!