Saturday 5 June 2010

Glorious Sunny morning, Stormy evening!

Hi There,
You'd think after living in England all my life, I'd be used to the weird & changable weather by now, but today I'm stumped. It was lovely and hot and sunny and clear blue sky this morning, and mid afternoon, it cooled and went all grey and then threw down the rain and we had a little bit of lightening. No thunder yet!
So anyway, I went round my MIL's today, as the boys wanted to play with their cousins, and I had the chance to make a couple of cards while there, and chatting with my MIL and Sis-I.L. I was getting so frustrated with myself as I'd forgotten my cutting mat and my ruler! otherwise I would have made more I'm sure.


So I Used Laura Ashley paper for the background, Penny black hedgehog stamps, and watercoloured them in using pencils
I really like how this one came together, I often look through all my little Webster's Pages 6x6 pack
and just really want to use them in my cards, so this one is from the 'Life's Portrait' collection, I cut out the bottom left corner and top right corner from one page, and then used the background of another, little faint cages like the black one there, (can't really see the background here) then I stamped the birds from my Favorite stamp set from Crafty Secrets (Bird Notes) and also from that set the sentiment and a frame, which i stamped on a scrap piece from websters pages, and made it 3D.Pretty Isn't It?!
I'm going to watch the rest of Britain's Got Talent final. Just because nothing else is on! I feel a little sad as this time last year I was watching it with my best bud, Bonnie, from S.A. She was there on my sofa, lovely blue sweater on, there in my home for the first time in the 11 years we'd known each other! i had her in mind as i made this card, she loves birds don't you Bon?!
I'm also going to make more cards, cos I'm in the Zone!
Have a good Saturday...
oh and p.s I'm going to do my first challenge! I'm going to try the challenge on the brand spanking new sketch challenge blog from Waltzing Mouse, check it out here. But one thing before i go ...(adverts are on) How do I get a perfect circle cut out without using a die cutting machine? I am thinking round tupperware pot & craft knife??!! If you don't have a die-cut machine, how would you do it? although I am soooooo tempted to get a cuttlebug. One day. Its on my wishlist!
Ok programma back on...See Ya!

4 comments:

Cindy Lee said...

Ohh...love the hedgehog card!! The colors are soft and pretty!

Sal-Gal said...

Not accusing you of nickin my idea dear daughter, but when you were round mine doing crafts on Thursday, I did a very similar card with the bird and cage paper in the bottom left hand corner!! lol Are you getting inspiration from your 'newbie card making' mum I ask?
By the way the little hedgehog card is really sweet!

Emma said...

no i didn't see your card at all!! great minds think alike!

Bonnie said...

Hello my sweet friend! Arw...this really made me cry reading this...missing you so much!! I keep thinking that the 3 June this time last year we were in Paris!! I like your cards, those hedgehog stamps are really so cute. I also have the webster pages in 6 x 6 amongst others that I use for cards. Oh, I found if funny you remembered I wore that blue sweater..but probably because I wore it like every second day! ha ha!! And yes...you know I LOVE birds!! :)