Wednesday 9 June 2010

Cute card to show

Hello!
I finally got around today to making a card for a friend of mine on the birth of her little baby boy, Alfie.
He's about 8 weeks already!! I'm so bad a making cards in time for occasions!!
I have a nice selection to hand now that i can just add a sentiment to, but when its quite specific, like a baby, then it needs some thing special!!
So, I was inspired yet again but Cindy Lee, and she made her card using a template by the cutting cafe
Its such a cute little card! and surprisingly easy!



I stamped the polka dot background with Tanda stamp 'Jane Dafferns's Polka dot set' using 'baby blue' ink by Versacolour, the other paper for the sails and flag were bits in my scraps box, I used the waltzing mouse 'welcome' stamp and baby boy peel-off.



Also, here's the card I made last week at Mum's. I waiting until I recieved my new stamps from Waltzing mouse. I'm rather pleased with this card, and I have several people it could go to!! I may have to make some more like it!



Again I stamped the polka dots with the tanda stamp with a lovely pale sage green ink I have (no label) the paper is Laura Ashley, I think, the pearl dots were Mum's, so don't know brand, the sage lace ribbon, is by Gisela Graham. This week I saw it in a beige, dusky pink and a gorgeous teal colour all in my local haberdashery shop!! So I bought a metre of each, so much cheaper than the green!!
and as I said, sentiment stamps are Waltzing mouse's.
I'm annoyed today, or irritated rather. I waiting on a rather exciting new 'gadget' to come. some accessories i wanted to use with it, I bought at the same time on Ebay but from other Ebay shops, and they all came yesterday, and today, and yet I have no 'gadget'!! and I had no word from them about it, like I did with the other stuff, so I sent a message to ask where it was, and they replied that they wanted to call me to discuss the matter!
Anyone who knows me knows I don't do phones!! I don't hear too well, and i really hate being on the phone to people I don't know, esp if they have an accent. So I replied and said I preferred to be contacted via email, after all, this is Ebay, I want any communications recorded and in black & white.
All I want to know is when they are dispatching it, no biggie! I have a busy life I can't wait about waiting for a parcel all day! I paid immediatley and didn't even recieve a thank you for my purchase! and they are a buisness!
I haven't heard anything back yet. Its been nearly 5 hours since I replied back. Its just so rude. and bad business, if theres a problem , tell me, if they're posting it tomorrow, then why not just say so? why ask for my number to discuss the matter?? I've immediatly got suspious of them now!!
until then I am sulking!! hahaha! no really I am, I'm pouting, frowning and everything, you could rest a glass on that pout!!! hahahaha!
well, I'm going now as I just remembered I have the FINAL episode of season 2, of Fringe.....Joshua Jackson is calling me!!! hee hee! (actually I love his funny old Dad 'Walter" just as much, he cracks me up!) Iknow its going to be a real cliff hanger! it'll be torture!!! hahaaha!
All my favorite series have finished, "Larkrise to Candlerford' has finished, 'House' 'Spooks' has just vanished! right in the middle of series 5, just gone. sigh. .....but less tv means more time for card making!! who wants to waste these summer evenings watching tv....and no, i'm not a footie fan either, none of my family are, yet!
Right! I am stoping the waffle!
Bye For Now!

1 comment:

Bonnie said...

Hey Em!
I get so excited when I see a blog post from you! It's a nice way to stay in touch besides email in between our letters! Nice to catch glimpses of your life! I like your cards, but especially love the baby sail boat, the template looks easy!

Oh Fringe....we are also on season 2 here. The last one we watched was when Peter found out that he is from the other side and now has disappeared! Poor Walter...you feel so sorry for him, he is such a funny, little old man and you are made to feel all protective over him! ha ha.

At the moment I am watching Fringe, Lost (on the final season!) Ugly Betty (mostly annoying but still light entertainment) that's it. Just those 3 programs.

Holidays started today! The first day I can sleep in and I wake up to the sound of the cat puking outside my bedroom door at about 6 this morning!!! Agggg...so annoying! (and gross!)

Anyway...miss ya lots, sorry for the long letter, I mean comment! ha ha