Saturday 19 June 2010

PDCC34

Hello!
So there I was thinking I had til friday night to make my card and link it up to the Waltzing mouse sketch challenge, thinking I'd be clever and also enter it into the Play date Cafe's colour splash challenge, when I go on the blog and see the sketch challenge finished Thursday!!! boo hoo!! oh well at least I can still enter it into the play date one. serves me right for trying to be too clever!! haha!
this card is for my fabulous hubby, who has really supported me with my extra craftiness of late, and built me a desk, allowed me to take over the conservatory as my craft room and also the darlin' worked extra all week this week, and worked really long, tough hours at a really horrible job. So I'm mega proud of him, and i only wish Waltzing mouse's 'proud of you' stamps was bigger and said 'I'm soooooooooooooooooo proud of you'!!!
So, here's my card

Deets:
white and blue cardstock from papermill shop, black core'dinations (with blue core) embossed with cuttlebug swiss dots embossing folder, spellbinders nestabilities label no.4 label, sentiment stamp by waltzing mouse, buttons & ribbons from stash, rhinestones from basic grey, flowers from gcs

I really loved the playdate cafes' colours this week, a nice, simple challenge to try for my first one. I just love blue! and its so effective next to the black & white too. here's the picture we had to work from


I've just popped over to the waltzing mouse sketch challenge blog and see theres a cool new challenge up, so I'm off to work! Gonna do it early so I don't miss out again!
Have a good weekend! and thanks for looking!

9 comments:

Ruby said...

Love your card, especially how you've done the little details on the label. I miss lots of challenges. It takes a while for the sketch to get into the card stage for me. The idea's there, but it doesn't quite happen in real life! Thanks for playing along with us at the PDCC this week! Hope you join in again next week too :o)

Bonnie said...

Hi Em!
Your card is lovely, love the black and blue together and the little stamps is so cute!

Unknown said...

So glad you played with us this week, Emily! Your card is just beautiful! Thanks for playing along with the Play Date Cafe!!

Cindy Lee said...

So sweet of you to create a card for the hubby! Love the black and blue color combo!

Sal-Gal said...

That card is so impressive Em and looks very professional! Bet Bob was thrilled with it too. Well done!
Luv Mum xx

Lisa Somerville said...

How pretty, wonderful embellishments. Thanks for playing at the PDCC.

Suzanne C said...

Lovely card and sure to be appreciated by your hubby. Love teh ribbon going both vertically and horizontally.

Savannah O'Gwynn said...

How sweet is your husband?!!! You are super lucky to have a room--and I think your husband is going to LOVE LOVE LOVE this card:) I love the criss-cross of the ribbon and the hint of blue:) Thanks for joining in the fun at the PDCC:)

Ruby said...

Thanks for your lovely comment on my ippity card. I'm glad I'm not the only one that has a toilet roll length wish list of card making goodies! Have a great week!