Tuesday 26 October 2010

Discovering Myself Mini Journal

Hello! How are ya doin'?
I'm ok. Still snuffly and spluttery, but feeling much better in my head, the 'cotton wool' is subsiding!! yay!
I am immensely pleased at myself, because I made my mini journal, finally! and I'm so surprised at myself, its beautiful! even if I do say so myself, and I am my own harshest critic!
I sat down to it yesterday evening and had intended to just get things prepared and ready for starting it today. I cut out all the little goodies that Bonnie had made especially for the project, which I had downloaded and printed out. Such beautiful and cute little vintage pictures, tags, tickets and journaling pages, but before I knew it I had made the front cover, and then the first page!
 I even added little extra pages, and I eventually told myself to stop, as the clocked struck midnight, after I had finished my 5th page! after every page I kept thinking 'right, I'll stop there' then suddenly got a whiff of inspiration and started on another!

Today I had to take my car into the garage in town, so I spent the day at my Mum's house. I packed up a little picnic basket full to the brim of my crafting bits and pieces, and sat crafting all day!!
I've been a terrible mummy today, I had forgotten nappies and wipes for my little one! and for dinner tonight we had McDonalds! I think my family all breathed a sigh of relief when I announced "It's done!!"
But Oh! it was so much more enjoyable than I thought it would be, and I was really amazed at how I never felt stuck for an page idea.
My whole little book is made entirely from scraps and the printed stuff from Bonnie, and some stamps. everything I used was in my scrappings boxes

So here it is from the side, so you can get an idea of the wad of it all!! 
I actually didn't stick to all the intructions, oh naughty rebellious me! I made it a bit bigger, it's 9cm x 13cm. purely because that was the size of my first piece of scrap card!!


Front Cover

I can't remember all the details of the papers etc as they are scraps from many years, however this one, is
from Websters pages, Discover pic is Bonnie's

Inside Cover & First Page:

I thought I'd add some photo's to it too, this one I vintaged it up to make it look really old and even burnt! all with the magic of chalk & ink!

3rd Page

Paper is K&Co. ticket is Bonnie's.

4th page:

Postcard is Bonnie's, I made it into a little folder to hold the tags, there are two linked together with a brad for the journaling, I have much that I miss about childhood!! I didn't realise as I took the photo that the ticket has slipped off its tape!
                                                               5th Page

The Stamp in the middle reads " know the song in your heart and sing it like no one is listening"
As I was making this page, a song from Moulin Rouge came to mind, and I decided to put that as a life motto! and today in the car, listening to a Muse song, I heard " Don't waste your time, or time will waste you" ..I NEED that on my wall as a motto! So I scribbled that in there too!
Love label is Bonnie's

6th Page:

I love this pic bonnie gave us, so cute! the little circle at the bottom says 'cherish', it's stamped,and then has stickles on it. Again, making this page I had a giggle thinking 'My Precious' a la Gollum from Lord of the Rings. The papers are again a folder to hold the journaling tag.

                                                                         7th Page :


8th page:

                          used Websters Pages, in fact most of the papers are, now I think of it!
                                                                       9th page:
random page I added in, as I love this photo my brother in law took of my Hubby & I while we were in the Lakes, I realised the other day, there's not many photo's of Hubby & I , as one of us is always behind the camera!!

                                                                10th Page:

Yes, I had that annoying Christina A. song on my brain while doing this, sorry if you love that song, but step-daughter played it to death when it came out, now we all can't stand it! haha!

                                                                   Page 11:

                                          
                                                                Page 12:

Paper used here is actually a Cath Kidston design, It was a 'thank you for shopping with us' postcard thingy that I thought 'ooh I'll use that for something' and I did!!
Also, here's a quick card I made with the rest of it, on Monday,
                          Just cannot get the colours right!! the background is a soft grey, the green card, is a lovely sage green. Stamps are WMS

I hope you enjoyed seeing my journal, please let me know what you thought of it.

I thoroughly enjoyed making it, and when Hubby looked through it, he held it so gently, like it was a fragile, ancient work of art, and it just warmed my heart to see him admire it so. He has been very patient with me and my mess all over the dining table! and he really looked at every bit and was rather impressed!!
Then he said, 'So, what are you going to do with it? '......
Tsk!


As much as I want to get going on some more card making, I've had to put everything away, we have friends coming over, and I have to spend some proper quality time with my boys while they are off of school. Shame, its so miserable, raining and cold.
And this weekend we are decorating our living room. Woo-Hoo!!

Have a great week, whatever you are doing
Take Care
Xx

4 comments:

Ruby said...

Yay, great to see you back in action Em! This is gorgeous!! It must have taken you hours, but what a lovely thing to cherish!! Love your burnt edges on the pic!

Bonnie said...

Ha ha ha...I am sitting here cackling like a little old witch!! hee hee!! I enlarged your photos so I could read the journaling on some of your pages..you crack me up!!
I thought it was hilarious about the favorite day thing..and how each day can be good or crap! ha ha. And also what makes you laugh! why someone "sensible and posh" burning their tongue!! ha ha..is there a story behind that I should know about???do tell!!! And the toilet humor..sadly i find it funny too...we have lot's of that in this house! It's just a part of life!
Your quirks..the ears thing!! I hate anyone touching or covering my ears too! It freaks me out!
The snooze thing...me too!

I laughed at Bob's question.."what are you going to do with it?" Men!! They will never understand! You don't do crafts to do "something" with it..it's the process that's fun and it's also a memory a journal to keep to look back on...

sigh...

Ha ha


Love your card too Em!
I loved seeing your book and I think it is fantastic!!!

Well done!!

oh..my study is such a mess....my big desk was too messy to work on...so i started working at the computer desk..then that got too messy, so I went and worked on the dinning room table...and now all three desks are huge and messy!! ha ha!! I have to tidy it all up today!

Be good and enjoy your weekend, we have our 3 day convention this weekend, so looking forward to that!

xxx Love Bon

Veronica said...

Hi Em, What a beautiful journal! Always good to do something like that for yourself. It must have taken ages! Love your husband's comment too - mine always asks what I am doing all this stuff for. he always wants to know when I am going to start making money out of it! Vxx

Angela said...

I'm so glad you did your journal. It is really beautiful. Thought provoking huh?
Great job.
Angela