Monday 8 November 2010

bakin' but no makin'

HI Everyone,

I hope you had a good weekend.
I've decided today that I think Sunday is my least favourite day! Its a day of rest for everyone but me so it seems!!! but enough with the whinging!! I'm glad its over!!

So I've not been up to much crafty wise. I had one of those weeks, last week, where I've been so busy and nothing has been finished!!
I started on my blind, only to discover when I got Mum's sewing machine out that the pedal wasn't in there. sigh.
So I moaned to her about it only to find that actually I had it last and hadn't put it back in the case!!! D'oh!! (sorry Mum!) So its somewhere in my house!

We started decorating last weekend previous, and still haven't got it finished as Hubby was really ill and had to do extra work too, but he felt better Saturday and got some more of it done. I'm not complaing that its not been done, but its a pain having the room upside down!

I lost my phone too. I turned my home inside out looking for and I this morning after 10 days of searching for it, I finally found it! 
I'd had awful feeling that my little 3 year old son had got hold of it and dropped it, and it got scooped up with all the stripped soggy wallpaper and thrown out!!
It wasn't thrown out but I was right about him getting it. It was in a little lunch tub and had fallen somehow behind the pc tower!! I found it there as I was vacuuming today! I'd never have looked for it there!!!
Little Sam was so pleased I'd found it and offered to hide it again!!

I didn't realise how much I depend on it, well, ok I do know how much, as I've missed it! especially for my alarm in the morning. I've been getting up at 6am with Hubby, otherwise I'd sleep until 10am!! But that's been a good habit to get into if I'm honest. 
Hubby said he worried when I went out, as 'anything could happen' and dreaded the thought of the police coming to tell him I'd had an accident' ...ahh bless he does worry!!
I thought that was just my job!! haha!

I didn't have any time to make any cards last week, but I did make some cookies with the boys....they stood with their little aprons on, grasping wooden spoons, eagerly waiting for bowl to lick!!hahaha!!

                                             yeah, they didn't stay around for long!!!

So, as much as this past week was a bit hectic, what I am REALLY looking forward to this week is Friday. I'm eagerly anticipating the start of Bonnie's new class!! Yay!


Aren't they lovely flowers?? Want to learn how to make them all by yourself??!!
The class is all about making these flowers from felt, organza, fabric, crochet, and lots more things too.


I like to think my hints to her helped make this class come about!....'oh I'd love how to crochet'..... 'your crocheting is soooo good, I'd love how to do that' ....'please teach me'.. and so on!! I think she did the class just to shut me up!! hahaahah!! (as if! she probably had it all planned ages ago!)
So if you want to join in too please see Bonnie's blog here, (or click on the pictures above)
of how to join up for the class. G'on, you know you want to!!
I can't wait for it to start and I'm planning to stock up on supplies so that I'm all ready for Friday.
Come back soon to see what I learn!! I can't wait! Have I said that already?!!!
Take Care

2 comments:

Bonnie said...

Hi my friend!
Love the pic of the cookies!
Ha ha, had to laugh at you! Yes, your hints did help push me to do this online class...mainly for you my friend...so feel honored, plus I thought it would be fun to throw in the other tutorials! What a job! The first tut video I made bombed out, then my camera battery died, then I put the other other camera on and the battery died!! arggg! so now am charging the batteries and my reserves for another time!

Veronica said...

Hi Em, thanks for commenting on my blog. Great to hear you'll be doing Bonnie's class with me. It's going to be fun! I'm going to floow your blog now. Vxx