Sunday 24 October 2010

Another Snotty Sunday!!

Hello there friends!

I hope your weekend have gone well, and you are looking forward to your week ahead.
This coming week is half term for our kids and they're off school for a week. I am actually looking forward to this as I am looking forward to some lie-in's!
I still have a cold, and a irritating cough now too.
We were meant to have pleasant weekend, my niece had her engagement party...which she knew nothing about! Her Fiance had planned the whole party as a surprise, he proposed to her on Saturday, and then came straight to his "sister's anniversary" party, and there she found out "SURPRISE!" it was her party!!
But I wasn't well enough to go.  Hubby took the kids, and I stayed at home, head full of cotton wool and thudding, and coughing and spluttering.
Before he went that afternoon I made a card for them. I had the colours in mind, I know her favorite colour (and wedding colour) is Orange. So I made an orange & white card. I also knew I wanted to try out my embossing folders and new Spellbinder dies..well I say new, they're several months old now!!
I've never worked with orange before.
Here it is...

Deet: Orange card from craft shop,
White card embossed with Cuttlebug 'Swirls' Embossing folder
Stamp: Penny Black coloured using Marvy markers
ribbon from stash
But I'm warming to it, it is very cheerful and colourful. I've never heard of orange being a wedding colour though, but in my local craft shop, where I went to get some orange card, they said that traditional colours are going out for weddings, now, girls want orange, yellow, teal, turquoise and brown even.
I had lilac and purple for my wedding colours, apparently they are now 'so last decade' !! and totally out of fashion! I must say, I myself have gone off of lilac. I think I overdosed on it, by having it all over my kitchen and bathroom walls in my first flat!!
So...after the family left for the party, the still and peace that surrounded me, my craft stuff littered all over the dining room table, I thought 'hmm, I'll just make one more, while its all out' (since I missed my friends 1st anniversary last week)
I had a little browse through blogland, and saw a really cute little birdy, apparently its part of a PTI bits and pieces/button thing, I saw and thought..I can make that!! so armed with my cuttlebug and spellbinder dies, I set to work and I am Sooooooooo pleased with the result, although once again my camera does not do it justice at all (yes, I am still moaning about the camera!!!)

Deets: Turquoise card, white card & teal card from Paper Mill Shop
Spellbinders 'Circles', 'Scalloped circles' dies
Cutltlebug Polka dots embossing folder
movable eyes nicked from the boys craft box!
ribbon & lilac lily from stash
sentiment stamp: WMS
birdy feet, tails & beaks hand-drawn

Then, I made another, this time totally inspired by this card on the WMS sketch challenge, I thought "I have that paper!! and I have those dies, I'm gonna make that!' and I did my version as I don't have those fabby WMS stamps! or the lovely lace. But, yes, totally copied it, I do not take any credit for the design & layout!

Deets: Sage green card, cream card from Paper Mill Shop
paper Webster's Pages
WMS stamps
paper roses & pearls from stash
Then Today, still ill, coughing, spluttering and with Hubby now ill too (well, it was his turn! it'd be a miracle if he didn't get it!) I sat and made two cards. One I don't like so much, I feel it needs 'something', but I don't know what...
Deets: White & Raspberry card from PaperMill Shop
Paper 7 Label from Papermania Rose Garden
Flower pre-cut shapes had for years!
Cuttlebug 'Swirls' embossing folder
ribbon & button from stash



And one I made with my very best friend in mind, and in my opinion is one of the prettiest cards I've ever made. but since she reads this blog, (Hi Bon!) I'm only going to show a sneaky peek of it, because I know how much she LOVES surprises! don't you Bonnie?!!! *muffled evil giggle*  (think chipmunk gone bad..oooh now there's an idea for Alvin & Co. for the next movie...Chipmunks gone BAD!!") annnnnnd, I digress, it will be on the way to Bonnie soon, as its for our friendship anniversary. 

I'll show it to you all once she's got it!


And to think I was meant to be making a roman blind and making that mini 'Me' Journal! Tsk!!
I am more than pleased with my crafty output forthis weekend though.
Have a good week, and please let me know what you think of my cards, I do love reading your comments, gets me all happy and warm!
So, I'm going to make myself another 'stinky' drink as my family calls it, I don't care how smelly it is, it certainly does the trick, 1 teaspoon of honey, 1 tablespoon (or 2 capfuls) of Cyder Vinegar, and hot water.
such more effective than lemon I feel, especially for sore throats. It works best at the beginning of a cold, but it is very soothing during.
OH OH OH, I nearly forgot!! How could I?! I amazingly, especially after my long blogland absence, recieved an AWARD!! I know!! I couldn't believe it either!!!
the lovely Ruby Two Shoes passed it to me, at first I assumed it was another 'Em' so I clicked on her link and it went to someone elses blog, but then the next person had the same link too, so I thought 'Ohh! what if, it is me?!!' I left a little comment, leaving my wondering with her, thinking, that it must be someone else,and on her next post, she comfirmed it was actually me! Yay! 
So here it is...

Thank you very much Ruby.
And I'm surposed to tell you 3 things about me...

1/ I need to change my blogname as actually, I prefer being called Emma, not Em!!
Everyone calls me Em, and I don't mind it really, but I do just like my name!

2/ When I sing along to songs that I know, I generally sing the harmonies or backing vocals! Its a habit, I got into, because when I was a teenager I adored the Beatles ( I know, born in the wrong decade!!) and I liked George & John best, and so would sing their bits in the songs! haha! so I learnt to listen for it, and then when I was in a duo, I sang harmonies alot on my partner's songs, and it just became something I end up doing!!

3/ My husband thinks he doesn't like cheese. But I put cream cheese (a lacto-free one as I'm terribly intolerant to Cheese) in our mash potato, and he wolfs it up, and since I've been putting it in, he has been commenting on how delicious and lovely the mash is. I've told him its because I put a vegatable stock cube in while cooking, and use desiree potato's!!! I know I'm so deceitful!! but he is so incredibly fussy, as anyone who knows us knows, somethings are a geneuine intolarance, some foods just make him gag because of the texture (fruit & veg mainly and pasta) and some of it is because of the way his mum made stuff that put him off for life!! and most of it is due, I believe, from the few serious head injuries he has had, that have impaired his taste. So occaisionally I throw something in, just to test him, to see what is pychological, and lo & behold, he hasn't been sick, or had tummy ache, or indigestion, nothing but satisfied.
But I do feel a little guilty over it, so here is my confessional!! haha! I feel better for getting that off my conscience. I will tell him eventually!

Well, that wasn't really about me was it, that last one, more about Hubby, but he's my other half, so it counts!!
Besides, I couldn't think of anything else!!

Anyway, I'm off now, Hubby's woken up from his nap and is looking very rough and is sounding like Chewbacca.
I think its hungry!
Take Care

3 comments:

Angela said...

Well, Emma, your cards are just beautiful! I read the deets and really have no idea what any of that stuff means, but I do know they are GORGEOUS! I also like, "Happy Foreverness." I think that's wonderful. I just know your "ME" journal is going to be awesome!
Angela

Bonnie said...

Hi "Emma" ha ha, sounds strange calling you that! I always call you Em, I could call you what I call my Em, that is "madame foffily pheefee" or how about " Baby two shoes"? or even "sweet cakes"? ha ha! Just kidding! Love the cards Em!! I am so excited to see my card, you know I love birds, and I HATE having to wait for surprises! hee hee...but I will wait patiently! Well done on all the cards! Sorry to hear you have still been sick and that Bob is now sick! oh dear!
Wishing you lot's of betterness!!!!

S Glup said...

Adorable cards....Love them...TFS:0)

}}}HUGS{{{,
Sheri G