Friday 26 February 2010

sewing projects


A sail boat i made for my boys' room made from scraps and inspired by a very overpriced, cheaply made version in a local shop! For once when i have said in a shop 'i could make that!' i actually did!!




a cute little bird from Tone Finnager's book, also my first attempt






an embroidered rose that i put on a grandma bolster cushion (my first attempt of embroidery)

a tote bag



this are just the things i've made that i have photo's of! I've also made another much better book bag for my friend, in theCath Kidston Rose pattern you can just see in the picture above.


i've made lots of curtains, a roman blind, cushions, a fitted sheet set and other things that i just can't call to mind right now!




1 comment:

Bonnie said...

you always give yourself less credit that you actually deserve!@ you do SO MANY wonderful crafts and you are SO GOOD at all of them my friend! Don't underestimate yourself and your wonderful talents!! I love my cushion you sent me and I get to have it right in front of all of the other others on my bed! I also love my birdie in my dresser and my Cath Kidson bag! (although I wanted to tell you ages ago, but didn't have the heart when you first gave it to me, you put the handles on the wrong way! eek...but don't worry, I love it none the less!) and also I just love your tote bag the one with the polka dots...if you have time sometime I would love one like that, it is gorgeous! I love the bright colors. you should sell these, they would do so well!! I am telling you, you could have a booming business!! and all from home! and with the money you make buy your South African friend beautiful gifts all the time...hee hee! just kidding, you should rather use the money for something more important like buying a plane ticket for your South African friend to come and visit again!! hee hee! Oh I am full of it and I ended up writing you a novel in your comment box...okay i am really signing off now..just one more thing though....just kidding....