Friday 26 February 2010

Cards

I really enjoy making cards and have made so many, these are just a few. But some of my best that i made and liked i never got round to taking a photo of! Drat! this first one is one of my favourites. I enjoed making it and aging it all. i really love all the vintage art, and use it alot, nt that i have much proof of that visually! but look out, more will come! I'm determined this year to remember all the anniversaries and make cards in advance for them all. Also i have two friends excepting babies very soon. I like to make cards personal and think about the person/people they are, the way i see them, their style etc and try and incorparate that in. this first card was for my sister's anniversary, and she & her husband met in Paris! and we have happy memories of larking about on the eiffel tower when we were there and made friends with her now-hubby and friend. and her lounge is a pale green! so i know it would match her decor too!!

the sunflower one was a thank you/miss you card to a friend who's my beauty therapist (when i have the money to treat myself!!) and she likes sunflowers, loves her garden and allotment, and is such a positive, sunshiney person...she absolutley loved the card! i'm glad to say.


















i made this one for my mum-in-law, anda friend of hers liked it so much she wanted me to make one for her to give to her son & daughter in law for their 30th aniversary.











i made this as an engagement card for my sister in law, she liked it so much she asked me to design and make her wedding invitations based on this card.So i ended up making 180 cards like this!

These are some of the first cards i made, years ago. My hubby brought a rubber stamping card making kit, and i used little paper roses.. i still love to use paper roses in fact its almost becoming a trade mark!!













the one on the bottom, 2nd right, was an engagment card for a friend of my hubby's with we were all very surprised to hear was getting married, he'd been a confirmed batchleor for 20 years or so, anyway, i remember he had a fasination with knots and nautical stuff like that, had a frame up with all these different knots, so, i had the idea of making a 3 cord knot with string, and added inside, 'you're tying the knot'!! hahaha!!












1 comment:

Bonnie said...

ha ha, very funny about the knot thing! so typical you!! ha ha