Sunday 7 March 2010

More new cards...

Hmm, one day i'll be able to come up with a new title!! Ok so its sunday again. Its a beautiful, sunny bright, clear blue sky day here, but still very cold and chilly. just 3 degrees cel. brrrrrr!
yesterday my hubby went out on the river, and i spent all afternoon making cards, while my boys played in and out of the garden. It was the same bright, sunny conditions, and it was inspiring, that and the little package that came that morning containing my new Laura Ashley papers. the last two cards are made using some of those new papers.
I've been doing lots of browsing online recently for new craft bits. i'm quite bored with the bits i have. i use too much of the same stuff and am running out of it. I've discovered some new 'brands' that i like, but sadly some i can't get here in England yet. I love the 'nature' collection by Susan Winget for K&Co. I've always liked most of K&Co stuff, i have 2 6x6 paper pads (La Boutique & Classic K Bailey) i use them to bits! literally i save every scrap and use every bit i can! what can't be used on a card can surely be used on an ATC!! however i've run out of my favorite papers now.
I've also discovered October Afternoon, i like their Thrift Shop collection.
Also not just papers, but have been looking for new stamps, i love using the clear stamps, so much easier! i have a nice long list a wish list of all the bits and pieces i want! I just need to see if its cheaper to get it off Ebay or from crafting sites.
Anyway...I've just been watching out the kitchen window...hubby is sweeping the garden and clearing it up, and i can see my boys, trying to help but making more mess!!! my little Sam looks so cute! i may just have to wrap up and go take some photo's (after i've given him a good wipe of his ever runny rose!!)
So, here they are, first up is, also based on a Cindy Lee design (Loosely! but must give credit where due!)
i used some papers i've had for yonky doodles! i have no idea where from! same also for the next card of the same design, just some 12x12 paper i've had for several years.


On this one i used the Laura Ashley paper from the 'contempary' collection, i cut out an extra butterfly to give it a 3D effect

again Laura Ashley papers, same design as a card i did previously by Cindy Lee, but this time i stamped the little 'seal' and added some ribbon with 'Congratulations' on it. I've kept the inside of the seal blank for now, until i decide what to use the card for.
Right. that's all from me for now. i'm going in the garden! I hope all who read have had a good weekend, and are looking forward to a good week ahead. Mines pretty average, hubby's going away for the weekend next week, so hopefully will have some time in the evenings to do some more making!
Bye For Now Xx

1 comment:

Bonnie said...

Hi Em
The new cards are gorgeous! I am so happy you are finding the time to be creative and update your blog!
I haven't had time this month to do anything:( but i hope to find some time Saturday as i am taking the day off from FS! love ya!