Thursday 25 March 2010

Mugs

I think a good mug is essential to a good cup of tea.
i found the above mug (Cath Kidston) in my favourite department store, i've had my eye on it for sometime, as i get the Cath Kidston magazine sent to me. When i saw in in the shop i was amazed at huge big it is, its 450ml! that's a big cuppa! and its made of such a nice delicate china, just like a tea cup.
So i brought it, since it was the same price as it is in CK and half the price they are on Ebay!
I got to my car, as as i was unloading the pushchair, my toddler jumped out and sent the whole thing crashing to the floor and i heard the smash of my pretty mug. i was so annoyed as it was the last one of that design in the shop! Dang!
Anyway, a week later while shopping in another town, well, our nearest city, i went into the same store and found to my delight, they had loads! so i got one in that design again and after my hubby saw the size of it, he also wanted one and got the blue spotty one. They made it home! all week we have savoured each cup of tea, i carefully handwash them, save anything happens to them in the dishwasher, i always keep it up out the way of my toddler and 6 year old boys, instead of my bad habit of putting it down by the sofa on the floor.
So today, is day 5 of lovely big cuppa's. and then, this evening, while i'm sorting my laundry in another room, my toddler pushed a chair from the dining room to the kitchen, pushed it up to the worktops, climbed up on to them and as he opened the top cupboard and reached for the cereal, he kicked my lovely mug off on to the floor, and smashed the handle off it.
 BIG HUGE SIGH is what i do now, scream 'NOoooooooooooooo' and throw a tantrum is what i did, to the stunned surprised of my boys who thought  'aren't we meant to do that?' and 'Ah! that's where we get it from!!' i sent them to their room while hubby picked up the pieces.
 Ah its only a mug, i think, but it really was such a nice big mug, and i do get fond of them and i do have so many of my things broken and ruined by my adventurous, independant and mischievious boys.
So i add it to my collection of storage pots for my craft cupboard.
the mugs that aren't handleless, are chipped and/cracked.
i surpose we're all chipped and cracked (some of us more than others!) we don't always work as we're made to, but just because we're not perfect doesn't mean we can't be useful and have a purpose, even if its not the original one we had.
we can still be beautiful, despite our imperfections and broken bits.
That's my little bit of philosophy for today
Well, i haven't made any cards lately, i've been too busy with other stuff, life etc! my friend had a baby boy so i need to make her a card pretty quick, although i won't be seeing her til next week. i hope to make some this weekend. Happy Crafting to you all!

1 comment:

Bonnie said...

oh Em, shame, that is an annoyance! I hate having something pretty and special and then it gets broken. I hope you do buy another one so you can enjoy your cuppa! You deserve it!
Miss your cards but hope you can show some again soon. PS I bought the latest copy of country living or country home, can't remember which one now, and they had the template for the cute little bird you made for me!