Friday 3 December 2010

More Snow!

Hi there!
I don't think I've ever blogged so much within a week, but its snowing!
We went for a nice walk yesterday. I had so many layers on that I was actually boiling! On the was home, the boys were complaining of cold feet, so we carried them. Hubby picked up the little one as he gave up first, then my 6 year old started complaining, so I gave him a piggy-back home, so I was roasting when I got home!!
Anyway, I thought I'd share a couple of photo's I took yesterday whilst on a trudge through the snow in the village


the big abondoned house up the street



Last night we had a power cut, which was exciting, until I realised I still had dinner cooking in the oven!
We have an electric oven, so then I had the idea of cooking it on the woodstove in the living room...today our living room stinks of dinner! But it worked and we were all fed!
We played games, I knitted (still) and it was fun...until the lights came back on about 2 hours later, we all made a strange sound of 'Yeeeeyyyyyyyohhhhwa' a mix of being glad the electricity was on and disappointment that we no longer needed to be in candlelight! So we turned off the lights and kept the candles on!!
The snow is still here Today, but I don't think any more has fallen much since last night, although we have been forecast more snow is to come.
I just don't want it to rain...because it will just freeze and everything will turn to ice and it will be just so dangerous to drive.
I do have to venture out in the car today. I have to get groceries (and more wool! haha!) and my nearest supermarket is 4 miles away (not walking distance with two kiddies and a trolley full of groceries!)
I hope my car starts as it hasn't been driven in 3 and half days. its a "4x4" so I shouldn't be slidding about too much.
Anyway, have a good weekend
take care

2 comments:

Bonnie said...

Hey Em!
Beautiful photos! Wow, all that snow!! The candle light sounds nice....we used to do that almost every day for at least two years when we had constant power cuts (but at least they were planned, so you could plan your meals around it)but, yes, sometimes without modern technology we learn how to really interact with each other again! Hope you have a good weekend!

S Glup said...

My most favorite time of the year, WINTER...:0) I do love it and we rarely get snow here in Tennessee, but this year has blessed us with more than usual....ours has all but melted, after seeing your gorgeous pics, I long for more:0)

I'm fine with it, as long as I don't have to venture out in it much...lol

}}}HUGS{{{,
Sheri G