Monday 21 November 2011

Hello Friends!
Hope you are all well and cheerful.
I am feeling rather cheerful myself, which is a little unexpected, since we have such Miserable, Dull weather at the moment.
I have been really busy for the past few months, and also have not been too well, but...I feel pretty good now!

I have been bursting with inspiration and ideas of things to make.
I really love it when I feel like this.
There is nothing worse than to sit before your happy stash of things and have no idea what to do with them!!

I have made quite a few little things that I can't wait to share with you, but they are gifts for a special friend who reads this blog and I don't want to ruin the surprise!!
so in the mean time, I have some gorgeous fabric to share with you. I came across a online store called Sew La La . I could really have bought up her whole stock if I had the riches! I Love so many of those cute designs.
I am determined to make some things to sell, so I got some fabric to get me started. How pretty are these?...



I'm looking forward to making something with them! 
I also got a pack of fat quarters. In a basket amongst the gorgeous Tanya Whelan fabric, one of my Favourite designers, so I thought I was picking up a bargain! However, I have since discovered that its not Tanya Whelan's designs, I think its a mix, and may possibly be called 'Camden Market Chic'! Whatever the designer, I love this pack!!


I am really in the mood for SEWING lately. 
We are going to a fancy dress party in 2 weeks, I can not WAIT! I am so excited. I have made/re-purposed our costumes for Hubby, St-Daughter, my two boys and I. 
Also Mum wants me to come up with something for her & hubby. 

I have started them all, but still not entirely finished either yet! 
my boys are going as the Mario Bros! they'll be so cute! I looked everywhere for dungarees, but couldn't find any for my 7 year old, who wears an age 9 as he's so tall...so I set to making some!
 Eeek, I know!
I've NEVER attempted to make trousers before! 
I looked online and found a tutorial for making trousers, and then just added the bib part.
 Pretty much making it up as I go along!! 
I have almost finished my littlest sons pair. Just have to sew on the poppers. then I'll start on my eldest's. 
but so far, they look perfect on my little one. I am amazed at myself for figuring it out!!! haha!! 
My St-daughter is going as Barbie. Her boyfriend as Ken. Poor guy!! haha! 
 she already has a pretty pink embellished corset/basque so I am making her a big poffee puffy skirt with lots of tulle and shimmery organza, she'll look every bit the fantastic plastic princess!! 
My Hubby & I are going as a 'couple'. a famous couple who  never were quite a couple! 
Unlike my 'character' I will not be leaving Hubby's character to sob pitifully, smash some mirrors and disappear!!!!! Can you guess who we're going as???? 

On the night I will make sure I take lots of photo's of my handiworks! 

One last thing to share, I had a go at making some wrist warmers. I've never made  them before and made them up as I went along. They aren't perfect, but they do the job!!

well that's it from me for now, had better get on with some sewing! 

Take Care Xx



3 comments:

Bonnie said...

Just tried to leave you a long comment and there was an error! ¬¬¬¬¬
Now what did I say again?
First of all, so glad to hear you are feeling better and also cheerful, I know you have been feeling ill of late and it's nice to see you a bit cheery!
I love your fabric and wrist warmers and cannot wait to see the costumes. I cannot sew clothes, only add things to them! so well done!
Thanks for the comments on my blog earlier, always nice when you "pop" in! Missing you xxxx

Angela said...

Hi Emma!
Your fabrics look delicious! They have a vintage vibe, for sure! I can't wait to see what you make with them.
I'm looking forward to the pictures of your costumes! How fun!
Take care!
Angela

Sal-Gal said...

Love the material Em - what you thinking of making with it then?
Thought you did really, really well with the fancy dress costumes and you all looked great! Had a good time and may put pics of our costumes on my blog if I get time!
Mum xx