Wednesday 27 July 2011

Hello Friends!

Hello there,
I hope you are well. 
I'm not! Again! Oh I have been feeling most sorry for my self this past 24 hours. 
But I am gradually feeling just a bit better. I'm not sure what's up, I lost my voice again and had a sore throat yesterday. And horrible headaches too. Today the voice returned after lunch! It was so weird I had a whispery croak all morning, had a shower at lunch-time (I know strange time to shower but the step kids used the all the hot water this morning! so I had to wait for mine, since I was last one up! 
Anyway, I suddenly just got my voice back, but I have more of an annoying cough and still have a huge vice like gripping headache. 
But Enough on that. 
I'm boring myself!! 
I Haven't got much to share with you yet. although boy am I inspired, have you seen Attic 24 Lucy's new crochet cushion??? Oh its just wonderful and I want to make one RIGHT NOW!!!  
I have a long list, a whole page of things I want and need to make. 
But I have been busy being typically unorganised me! 
This week I have baking to do for my nieces wedding on Saturday, a big family affair, where we all help out with the catering. Hubby is waitering, and helping to set up and decorate the village hall thats been hired. I am making quiches and cakes. 
And of course still need to make a card and wrap the pressie. 


Also this week, we have my step son visiting for the next few weeks, next weekend I have my sister and hubby visiting, and have some friends coming over for dinner too, so I have lots to plan and think about. And all I really want to do is snuggle in some warm, sunny soft quiet place with my crochet, with a big mug of sweet tea. 




 I have made something, but I made it so quickly I almost forgot it!
I had forgotten to make a card for my youngest to take in to his Playschool on his very last day there, so I dropped him off, and dashed to get a pressie I'd had my eye on for the very occasion (a cute mug with special teacher text) and then came home and made this in just over an hour. It's not the best or neatest I've done but it's cute enough!

I used hobby Art and Waltzing mouse Stamps, water-coloured in, and used October Afternoon paper. 

My craft room is an horrendous mess at the moment, and all of my own doing, too many works in progress. 
So, I should pop in there and get things sorted out....who bets I'll get distracted making something and it still looks the same in 5 hours time?! hahahaha! 

Have a Super week, esp those of you who have children on school holidays...

Take care
Em Xx





5 comments:

Bonnie said...

Hello my dearest Friend!
I just LOVE the photos of Bob and Charlie Cat...so cute! Bob looks quite dashing in that first pic with the pie...ha ha!! *don't worry, I don't fancy him, just saying he looks good...maybe it's the Cath kidson apron...ha ha ha ha!!!

Hope you feel better soon!
Weird but this month I woke up one morning with no voice for the entire day, when I spoke it sounded like I was whispering. I went to bed that night, the next morning my voice was back!!

It sounds like you are very busy with tons of things!!

Missing you

justjill said...

I should get your husband to teach them how to make a man pie!

Sam said...

Hello, new friend...Thank u for your post on my 'blog'. I love checking in-every now and then- to see what you've been up to. Sorry that you've been poorly, but happy that you're on the mend. I,too, have two boys- Liam is 12 and Jude is 9. So a bit older than yours but certainly as much of a handful. Mine love to be busy in the kitchen, and also in the 'garden'(its a courtyard-so not too much weeding like when I was a tot)Desperately trying to work on blog. Bon-lifesaver as she is-is helping me alot!
Hope to chat again soon!

Angela said...

Wow, that pie looks so awesome! YUM! The photos you took are really great, too. And your card, it's fantastic. I do hope you get to feeling better!
Take care!
Angela

Sal-Gal said...

Pass my congrats on to bob for the wonderful looking pie - bet it tasted great too!
Mum xx