Monday 20 June 2011

Cute Little Monsters

Good Morning!
I hope you had a good weekend. Ours was rather uneventful due to my boys being unwell, and Hubby's back hurting and I was feeling rather groggy too. 
So I managed to get a few crafting things done. 


Last week I treated myself to a lovely magazine called 'Mollie Makes', I haven't bought a magazine for ages, and so was shocked at how expensive it was!! But I noticed all the craft magazines are a simular price now. 
It was FULL of lovely crafty inspiration. 

Also I borrowed a magazine from my Mum called 'Craft Seller' which has so many things in it I want to make. 
My boys saw some knitted little monsters and begged me to make one for them each, so I happily got my knitting needles out and set to work on them. Gosh! I forgot how slow knitting is compared to Crochet! 
The first one I made has not been claimed by either of my boys as 'Mine', but he was a test version so I'm not offended! I've decided to name him 'Wodderick' as it just sprang to mind as I finished him! 





So,I gathered them this morning for a little photoshoot. (You would not believe the fun I had!!) Firstly,  meet Wodderick the cute little monster...

He is a lovely Saffron yellow


Has a cute little tassle tail


and is rather taken with this strawberry!




Next we have my youngest son's monster, Gubbi
So named as 'Gubbi' is short for 'Reggub'...
which if you reverse is what he was to make and what I keep saying as I made him!!
I had lost my wool needle and oh my word do you know how hard it is trying to sew with wool on a little tiny sewing needle!! 

Here he is with Woddy, (who still can't take his eyes off the beautiful Strawberry!)


Gubbi's eyes are made of felt, I don't trust my 4 year old son with button eyes!!
and I thought of 'Puss-in-Boots from Shrek' as I made them!!




Poor Woddy didn't take well to Gubbi holding the Strawberry!





Next, may I introduce, Pookie, my eldest Son's Monster






who reminds me of Sloth from the Goonies

"Hey you Guys!"




Here they all are together, Pookie was much easier to make as I went a bought a new wool needle! 




Would have been a nice shot if it not for Woddy and that Strawberry!




Hmm, slightly better!!

On Friday We went to the school fete, and my boys got their faces painted! 
Here are my own little Spiderboy's...




That's all from me for now, I hope you have a good week ahead of you
Take Care Xx











3 comments:

Bonnie said...

Hello my sweet friend!
Those little monsters are soooooo cute!! You did such a good job and I love the way you set them up for their photo shoot!! So cute! Like out of a magazine!
Hope you all feel better soon!!!

Sal-Gal said...

Thought your monsters were very amusing - I can just imagine you setting up little scenes to do with them to keep us amused! lol

You did a good job with them and also I loved seeing the boys faces painted like that! ha ha!

Angela said...

The monsters are great, Emma! You are so talented!!! Can't wait to see some cross stitch, too!
Angela